Sunday, September 20, 2009

Today I'm feeling a little spoiled!

What a lovely weekend! Life is good! It is amazing what can happen when a family is back together! Let's recap the weekend...

Friday: After Christian returned home from soccer practice and Alexandra returned home from dance class, Alexandra had two of her very sweet friends spend the night. We had a family pizza and movie night--plus 2. Alexandra graciously (without prompting) included her brother and sister in all of the festivities! Hallelujah! I love when all of the stars align!

Saturday: The kids stayed upstairs until 8 o'clock which is pretty much what I call perfect children on a sleepover! :) We had a nice breakfast (that my dear husband prepared!) and then the kids played a little more before their moms picked them up. After that we had a family outing to the zoo! So fun! So relaxed! So much family time! At 7pm the babysitter arrived and BJ and I went on a date! We went to a Spanish/Portuguese restaurant name Mallorca. We had never been to this restaurant but had heard it was very good. I told BJ that I may not have gone to Spain with him but that didn't mean we couldn't enjoy Spanish food together! So I made the reservations and it did not disappoint! Wonderful food and a wonderful evening.

Sunday: Adrianne's pre-school religion class started today so she went to her class while we went to church. The homily today was about "Using the gifts God gave you". I think that will be a post all on its own. We grabbed a quick lunch and headed out to Christian's soccer game. (Yeah! They won!)

The big surprise of the weekend was my early Christmas present. Yes, I know it is only September. I don't know if we can be okay with this because we have had to celebrate so many holidays and special occasions on days that are not the "real" holiday, or if it is just that we rebel sometimes because we have had so much delayed gratification throughout the years. Anyway, for years I have wanted to get a Digital SLR camera. I love photography. Not only to get pictures of my kids but also as art. Sometimes pictures of my kids as art! I love to decorate our home with pictures of places we have been. I LOVE vacation and having pictures of the places we have been is so relaxing for me. I think once BJ decided to get this for me, he must have decided "Why wait? Let's start getting some pictures!" We are planning to go to Paris next year for the same meeting he just returned from. Yes, we are planning that I will get to go! Yeah! (For my 21st birthday BJ bought me a Paris travel guide and promised to take me there someday. I have always wanted to go there! I'm sure that makes sense if you look to my post "A fashion designer?" It will only be 18 years later, but we are hoping it will finally happen!) I am hoping to know how to use the camera well by then and capture the beauty of the city that I have dreamed of visiting.

Also, if you saw my post "Hobbies" that I TRIED to write, I think this will be continued with my new Digital SLR! I will try to post some pictures as I get some along the way. I already got some AWESOME pictures of Christian playing basketball! It is incredible what kinds of pictures you can get given some amazing equipment (not to mention that it actually takes the picture when you PUSH the button and not just when it feels ready.) I have LOTS to learn but I think it will be really fun!

What a wonderful weekend! I am truly blessed! I'm so happy to have my hubby home! I am certainly ENJOYING TODAY!

3 comments:

  1. YAAAAAY! You deserve a day (or three) to truly ENJOY! So glad you had such a great weekend. It was a long time coming (just like everything else in this crazy medical life!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm jealous...a digital SLR used to be on my want list, but I had to stop wanting it.

    Laughed when I thought of all this year's college freshmen who weren't born yet when B.J. promised to take you to Paris. Ha!

    Love ya,
    Tim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tim--thanks a lot for making me feel so YOUNG! How about the fact that BJ and I have been together for half of my life now! You can play with my toy when I see you. So when are you coming out!?! :)

    ReplyDelete