Friday, August 20, 2010

Alexandra's Hair donation

Alexandra has a big heart! She also has the ability to grow LOTS of hair! She loves her hair, which proves that if she is willing to cut it and donate it to someone who can't grow their hair, she has a very BIG heart! She wanted to donate her hair (again) only this time she didn't want it to be short when she got it cut. So, she grew it and grew it until she was approaching a nice Rapunzel length...and finally this week she donated again. We had been measuring 8 inches and she was contemplating how that would look. Would her hair still be long enough for her to be happy and comfortable heading back to 6th grade? Well, before we left for the haircut we pulled up the donation information. OOPS. Locks of Love minimum is 10 inches. Pantene Beautiful lengths was 8 inches. Alexandra said "I don't want to donate my hair to a woman! I want to donate to a kid!" Hmmmm...ok. Glad I'm not the lady waiting for a wig! But, I get the point. It was her plan all along to donate to a child. Now her dilema was whether she was ok giving up 10 inches instead of 8. She decided to go for it!
Before
After
I know I am a little biased, but I think she looks beautiful! She looks so grown up and I think she feels that way too! Look out 6th grade, here she comes!
When Alexandra was 4 she donated her hair for the first time. Even then she was concerned about children who couldn't grow their hair. (And she was miserable every time we tried to fix her hair.) But I really felt like she was proud to donate her hair even at such a young age.
Before


After

A year and a half ago I also gave up my locks for someone who needed them more than I did.



Before/After








No comments:

Post a Comment